The following tabs contain 1) Conversation cafe visualised feedback about triggers, types and value of public sector innovation, and 2) themes and topics proposed in the 3 GovCamp sessions: people, spaces, conversations.
- How to encourage more informal communication – less status conscious
- Anyone want to form a rogue working group to abolish workflow around briefing notes??
- Employee KPIs around public sector innovation
- How do we eliminate silos in a Division?
- How can we deal with layers of bureaucracy and risk aversion
- Management encourage innovation and change BUT staff are to sceptical and resist the ideas put forward because “management won’t listen”
- How do we work across jurisdictions (fed and state) to innovate when our goals are the same
- How to tap into individual employee motivation to achieve business outcomes and results; how do we encourage staff to participate in the innovation conversation – we can tap into the same group of people, how to broaden the reach
- Does the office environment stifle creativity? How do we fix it?
- How do you achieve implementation once innovation has succeeded – how do you break through the ‘force-field’?
- How do we engage people who don’t know Twitter etc to build knowledge and use it (i.e. us!)
- Do innovation labs work?
- How to create a safe space for innovation and ideas acceptance
- How can social investment bonds be used to best effect in human services
- How to move from reactive to creating spaces for innovation
- Reduce fear of failure
- How do we manage large interdependent priorities and systems
- Why is there a disconnect between innovation now and the way we want it to be
- Collaboration across government and with communities and business
- What is the best way to engage with senior leaders who are resistant to change
- How do you influence leaders who are only thinking of themselves
- How can we ensure that cost and benefits are calculated before enacted to ensure ROI
- How do we create a culture of incremental, seamless and continuous innovation given our policy, procedures and approval times
See the live collective notes for Brisbane below (or open in a new window).