The following tabs contain 1) Conversation cafe visualised feedback about triggers, types and value of public sector innovation, and 2) themes and topics proposed in the 3 GovCamp sessions: people, spaces, conversations.
- Peer-to-peer learning
- Who is “the public” in public sector innovation?
- The friction between public servants and private servants (vendors)
- Training people to be innovative
- Staff relocation assistance to cross-pollinate ideas
- Followership – can’t lead if no followers
- Does PS innovation work driven by Minister or CEO?
- Projects vs experiments
- How do we make the space to develop and grow/mature new ideas
- Meeting informally after hours or on weekends to work on a project that’s NOT in your agency
- Building spaces and tools to drive conversation for innovation
- Innovative forms of acquiring and delivering services – grants, innovation challenges etc
- Doing ‘Possible Parliamentary Questions’ better – a lot of wasted expense and effort producing work in anticipation that is never required
- Marketing an idea to a blocker of ideas
- Improving selling of innovation within government
See the live collective notes for Canberra below (or open in a new window).