Throughout July 2015, GovCamp Australia will be hosting a national Innovation Dialogues program to take a snapshot in each city of the great things happening in public sector innovation and to provide an opportunity for knowledge exchange and city networking between spheres of government and innovators from other sectors. These open conversation events will be held around Australia throughout July as part of Public Sector Innovation Month 2015.
The facilitated discussion sessions will be held partly in the ‘unconference’ mode of a GovCamp event, including:
- Leadership panel – featuring leadership guests taking a snapshot of local public innovation
- Conversation café segment – to stimulate interaction and explore the local public innovation ecosystem
- Mini-GovCamp discussion streams – exploring the spaces, people and conversations of value to local public innovation
- Local showcase – includes the best of GovHack 2015 + other events, tools and initiatives
- Closing roundup session and lunch
These half-day events will bring together a range of public sector leaders and practitioners, together with innovators from industry and civil society.
The purpose of the session is to stimulate discussion, debate and sharing of knowledge about public sector innovation, as well as highlighting cases from within and outside the sector for innovative delivery of public policy and services. Each city session will work towards two key outcomes:
- Mapping the local public innovation ecosystem
- Identifying key innovation soft skills of high value to public service professionals.
INNOVATION DIALOGUES IN YOUR CITY
In the spirit of ‘connected knowledge’, the discussion in each capital city will be captured using social tools, and the local co-hosts of each GovCamp event will contribute to the closing national leadership Innovation Dialogues forum on 31 July in Canberra.
Register now to participate in the Innovation Dialogues event in your city.
Updates on speakers and venues in each location will be announced here, as well as via the update bulletin in the countdown to the events.